Friday 1 July 2011

First Thoughts


First thing, I’m going to admit that I have an anti-blog bone in my body but after talking to several people, decided to ‘turn over a new leaf’, ‘flip the page’, ‘change my tude’…and all that.  I decided to start this blog as an easy way to share stories, thoughts, and adventures with anyone who may be interested.   Throughout service, I will try to update with interesting posts.   Staging in Chicago already seems like years ago even though I have been here for only a couple of days.   The first day was overwhelming, but it was great to meet everyone with the same thoughts, fears, and aspirations as myself.  
         After a long day of travel, we arrived at the Peace Corps transit house and were able to just relax and go to sleep, which was much needed.   During these first days of training, we’ve been learning more about health, safety and all those tools we will need during service.  As for now, that’s all I’ve got to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment